County Government of Nyeri Issues Waivers to Small Scale Businesses and Matatu Industry
Nyeri county government has issued waivers to it's small scale business operators and Matatu Industry until the movement restriction measures are lifted
County government of Nyeri has issued a 50% waiver to all the small scale business people and matatu industry following the revision of covid-19 containment measures and the cognizant of the effect on the economy.
With the approval of the county governor, Mutahi Kahiga, there will be:
- 50% waivers of PSV matatus monthly fees until lifting of the movement restriction measures issued by the President.
- 503 waiver of monthly market banda fees for the month of April, 2021.
- 100% waiver of accrued penalties on houses, shops and stalls rents up to April 30,2021.
- Extension of deadline for payment of business permits up to April 30,2021.
- Extension of deadline for payment of land rates up to April 30,2021.
- 25% waiver not liquor license fees extended up to April 30, 2021.
The governor said the waivers may continue if the situation is not contained.
”If there be need to extend, we shall do the same,” said Kahiga.
The matatu operators are also advised to adhere to the health measures by ensuring that they don’t carry more than the expected 60% capacity in order to save more lives.
“Remember, while we do that, we are also asking them to adhere to the protocols that have been given; that is, you shall carry only 60% of your society so that we save our people,” said the county boss.