Essentials to Excellent Customer Care Services
Customer care services are a key-dependent of the success of any given company. This is because it plays with the customer’s psychology which is a key role in the success of your business.
Below are some basics to excellent customer care service that business owners and their employees should put into consideration;
1. Be aware of the three things that every customer wants.
Customers want to be heard and especially when they have an issue with the product or services of the company. At times, this is all the customer want. Allow them to express their concerns and make sure they are well understood.
Customers also want to be understood. Therefore, ensure your staff understands the needs, concerns and situation of the customers. This helps to avoid misunderstandings.
Every customer also wants to be cared for. Show concern and efforts to solve their problems. Even if you are unable to solve their problem, the client will appreciate the efforts.
2. Another essential to great customer service is S.E.C.
S stands for a Smile, E for Eye Contact, and C for Comment. Smile is contagious. When you smile at a client, they will definitely smile back. A smile shows that you are glad to see the customers. The customers also feel ready for interaction with the company.
Eye contact confirms that you are ready to involve with the clients and ready to support them. This also indicates that you are attentive to what they are about to tell you.
Making a friendly comment to the client is also essentials. Commend either their dressing, a jewel they are wearing but be careful especially when handling women. Keep it classy and not creepy.
3. Listening to the Customers
Customers want to be heard, and the only way to achieve this is by listening to them and repeating what they said for clarity and to make sure you address the right issues. Always be truthful even after listening to their complaints. At some point, they will even apologize for being so harsh and rude. When they do so, know that you are on the right track.
4. Empathize with the customer
When they have issues, make sure you understand and confirm to them that you do. Tell them “I understand how you feel, I understand where you have come from” to ease their burden and calm them down.
5. Follow up with all your customers
Make sure that all clients had a great experience with the company. Brand reputation depends on customer services and can affect the future business. Follow-ups can be done through;
- Phone calls – ask the customer about their experience with the company.
- Emails – send a thank you note for their business.
- Drip campaigns: Send emails with discounted rates, invites to special events, and company news. This helps the company to stay in the mind of the client. Offer them a valuable thing and if you provided them greater customer care, they will definitely purchase from you and give referrals.