JOBS: Important Things to Note When Writing A Resume
A resume is a formal document that demonstrates a person's professional background and skills. In most cases, applicants confuse between a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a resume. A CV basically highlights a summary of your education history while a resume basically gives detailed information about your profession and the skills that you have.
A resume covers between 1-2 pages. In most job applications, you will be required to present a CV and a resume. When writing a CV, there are several things that you need to consider. Read more on what to consider when writing a CV
In this article, we are going to highlight the important things that you need to consider when writing a resume.
One thing to note is that in every job application that you send your resume, you need to tailor it to the specific job. Various job descriptions differ and so you have to keep your resume updated before sending it to your employer.
1. Contact information
Always include your name and contact information, education, relevant professional experience, and skills when writing a resume. In some cases, you may also include a link to your portfolio or a website.
Your resume's goal is to quickly inform employers about who you are and whether your skills and experiences are relevant to the position you're applying for.
2. Resume objective
This section explains why you are the best candidate for the position you are applying for, and it should be a one- to a two-sentence section that briefly describes who you are.
An objective statement is appropriate for those who have recently graduated from high school or college, or who have limited job experience in general. It also states your short-term objective.
3. Skills and certification
This includes both technical and hard skills as well as soft skills. You can also include any tools you've learned or certifications you've earned. Also, keep in mind that the skills you include should be relevant to the job you want.
You can learn what skills potential employers are looking for by reading the job description. Make a list of keywords that match your skills as you read through job postings and include them in your skills section as needed.
This basically shows the work experience you've had in your previous workstations. It also includes the positive impact that you brought to your previous employers.
Beginning with your most recent job, you should list all of your most relevant work experiences here. You should concentrate on your experiences from the last ten to fifteen years.
Alternatively, if you have little to no work experience, you should list any jobs you have held, even if they do not appear to be completely relevant or related. Potential employers can use that experience to get a sense of the type of worker you are, as some of the valuable soft skills you learned at a previous job are likely transferable to a new job and industry.
5. Relevant accomplishments
The final section to think about including on your resume is a list of any other relevant accomplishments or volunteer work. Include only those that are relevant to the position you're applying for or that may help create a better picture of who you are as an individual.
A well-written resume presented to an employee could most likely land you in a good position that you are looking foe. All you need is to be clear and match your resume to the job description.
Here are some job applications that you can apply for.
JOB 1: Product Manager at MyHealth Africa
About MyHealth Africa
My Health Africa was created to help strengthen the health sector across Africa for both patients and doctors. We believe that allowing patients to take an active role in managing their own health is important, which is why we have created an educational platform to help people research and learn about health conditions affecting people across Africa as well as information on healthy living.
The Product Manager is responsible for identifying customer needs and building products that customers love and add value to the patients on our platforms (myhealthafrica.com website and mobile app), articulating what success looks like in creating case studies and rallying team members to help turn that vision into reality.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll out products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
This is a unique role to join a fast-growing and high-impact company as we start our rapid expansion across Africa.
- Gain a deep understanding of our patient experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow our market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies(if applicable).
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements, prototypes, and product strategy.
- Execute product strategy.
- Own the product roadmap for our platforms (web and app).
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources.
- Drive product launches including working with the marketing team, executives, and other product management team members.
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- Represent the company by visiting and speaking with customers to solicit feedback on company products and services.
- Manage product profitability and commercial success –own the business case.
- Provide insight to stakeholders on the product and market.
- Write high-level requirements.
- Manage all aspects of in-life products, including customer feedback, requirements, and issues.
- The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of experience as a Product manager.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- A very good understanding of User Interface (UI) User Experience (UX) and how users interact with the web and mobile applications.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle.
- Proven ability to develop products and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Computer literate –Strong Outlook, Word, and other software skills.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- A team player and willing to put in long hours.
Method of Application
JOB 2: Data Entry Specialist at Tridge
Tridge is a Global Trade Ecosystem in the food and agriculture industry that combines professional network and data intelligence and makes trustworthy and sustainable cross-border trades possible. We create and provide a very unique and powerful global-scale platform for buyers and suppliers to be connected and do business with each other more confidently and seamlessly. The Tridge Team is a group of smart, unique, and enthusiastic individuals with diverse career fields and backgrounds.
The Platform Operation Center at Tridge is part of the Product Growth Department and focuses on monitoring and optimizing platform products (data, insights, news, supplier directory).
A Data Manager will be responsible for gathering insights & data in the agriculture industry from online and offline sources to enhance the platform products. Also, a Data Manager will engage actively with Tridge’s global staff to collect internal price data, insights, and supplier and buyer information. Working with the Product Growth Department, a Data Manager will optimize and develop Tridge’s supplier directory and market intelligence feature by collecting global agriculture market information across in different formats.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Continuous platform product monitoring, enhancement, and optimization in collaboration with PM and Contents & Marketing team.
- Agriculture company profiling based on online and offline research
- Price and trade data collection via active communication with global staff (market analysts, global fulfillment team)
- Other ad-hoc tasks requested by the Product Growth Department
- A diploma/equivalent or higher
- English proficiency of business level or above
- Strong attention to detail
- Online research skills, including multilingual search result interpretation
- Basic MS Office skills
Method of Application
JOB 3: Medical Safety & Compliance Lead at Save the Children
About Save the Children
As a senior member of the global medical team, the Medical Safety & Compliance Lead will provide strategic leadership to ensure effective risk management across all levels to enable medical safety and compliance with the medical services quality framework (MS-QF) and achievement of the 2022-24 strategic objectives, specifically leading on the following priorities:
- Risk management to ensure mitigations and controls are in place
- Operational oversight on MS-QF compliance across priority countries globally
- Empowerment and capacity building of SCI global, regional, and country staff
- Stakeholder management across teams and functions to leverage expertise and resources to enable medical safety and compliance globally
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Extensive experience in risk management and enabling compliance in international development / humanitarian organizations
- Extensive experience in leading and/or providing oversight to humanitarian and development programs with NGOs or low-resource settings.
- Extensive experience in effective stakeholder engagement in complex/networked organizations at regional and/or HQ levels.
- Significant experience in leading and inspiring others, empowerment, capacity building, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Proficient in risk management and mitigation strategies, critically appraising programs/interventions, identifying critical risks/gaps, and addressing them.
- Good understanding of Compliance and Regulatory requirements for medical services.
- Cultural awareness and ability to achieve results effectively and collaboratively across diverse teams and colleagues based around the world.
- Strong planning, organization, problem-solving, engaging, and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills in English.
- Right to work in the UK (or country of residence or preferred location).
- Public Health, Global Health, and/or Medical background (clinical/pharmacy)
- Proficiency in a second language, preferably French, Spanish or Arabic.
Closing Date: Sep 22, 2022