JOBS: Intern - People & Organizational Development at The Fred Hollows Foundation
The Fred Hollows Foundation, an international NGO founded in 1992 has been a driving force in the development and implementation of blindness prevention programs in some of the poorest and most isolated regions in the world.
About the Position
The People & Organizational Development Intern will be exposed to a real industry experience from the academic learning gained in school. This internship is a six months program aiming to give entry-level candidates work experience, and personal and professional development through on-job mentorship and coaching.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain employee records ensuring supporting documents are saved in employee hard and soft files.
- Working with the People & Organizational Development Advisor to prepare staff documents for HR Audits
- Update our SharePoint employee induction tracker and follow up on employee documents.
- Assist People & Organizational Advisor in onboarding new employees and offboarding exit employees.
- Follow up with line manager on coordination of new hire local induction
- In tandem with POD Advisor, follow up with new and ongoing staff on completion of mandatory e-courses.
- Assist in following up on medical reimbursement and medical cards for new employees.
- Perform other tasks as requested by your line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- Any professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Previous internship experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Outlook
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness to identify and solve issues proactively
Closing Date: 10th May 2022