UPDATE: Confusion As Other  New Details Revealed in Gicheru`s Death

Barely three days after International Criminal Court {ICC} Suspect Paul Gicheru died mysteriously, new details about his demise have been revealed.

UPDATE: Confusion As Other  New Details Revealed in Gicheru`s Death

This came after an employee at Gicheru's Karen home provided detailed information on his final moments before his death on September 26.

According to the staff, Gicheru had spent the better part of the day in his quarters in his five-bedroomed house, partaking in his favourite white wine. 

Gicheru spent the day in his bedroom despite having three visitors: his wife, his father-in-law, and his son Allan. He only left the room once before going back in.

"His wife and father-in-law were there, but he spent the day in his bedroom and only came down once,” the employee intimated. 

The insider further revealed that the father-in-law left the residence at about 3.30 p.m., leaving Gicheru`s wife and son alone.

According to the employee, Gicheru had froth in his mouth when the wife went to check on him at 7:00 p.m. to see if he would have dinner,a statement that went against media accounts that claimed the son was the first to come across his father's dead body.

Two police testimonies also refuted the allegations of who discovered the body first—the wife or the boy. The first report, with OB number 54/26/09/22 and filed at the Karen Police Station, stated that the son discovered his father's body and told his mother.

The National Police Service afterwards issued a statement in which they claimed that Gicheru's wife had discovered his death on the bed.

“It emerged at one point at about 3.30 pm that the father-in-law left the premises with the deceased’s driver towards Ngara as the deceased excused himself to go to his bedroom."

"After some time, the wife was concerned about his absence and followed him upstairs only to find him lying on the bed unconscious," read part of the police statement. 

ALSO READ:Lawyer Paul Gicheru`s murder case has taken a new u-turn as his mother is now accusing his wife of being the main suspect in Gicheru`s untimely death.

On Wednesday 28th Gicheru`s Mother accused his wife of being the main suspect in Gicheru`s untimely death.

In a viral video obtained by Bright Kenya news, Gicheru`s mother claimed Gicheru's grandfather had warned him of marrying 'fire'.

This comes at a time on Tuesday 27th Police officers recovered a CCTV footage and bedsheets among other personal items from the lawyer's Karen home to aid in investigations.

Other detailed reports indicated that at the time when the ICC suspect was reported to be dead, his wife, son visiting from the UK, his father-in-law and staff were present in the house. 

Gicheru was said to have died some hours after lunch. His relatives discovered him in his bedroom as froth started to develop in his mouth.
According to reports, the son found his father unconscious on his bed after he had complained about feeling sick for several hours.

Later, the son is alleged to have called the mother to see how the father was doing. At this point, paramedics from a local hospital were contacted to come and save the situation.

After learning of his father's passing, Gicheru's son fell and was taken to the hospital, where he is currently recovering.