Why You Need to Update Your CV
A curriculum vitae (CV) is one of the most important documents, especially when applying for a job. Most people fail to understand this document's essence, hence not focusing much on it.
A CV basically highlights your qualifications, your experience, and the skills that you have acquired in the business world. When writing a CV, there are various items that you need to put in mind to enable you to write an attractive CV that will prompt your interviewers to employ you in their company.
READ MORE: https://brightkenyanews.com/jobs-what-to-consider-when-writing-a-cv.
In today's world, it is important to note that your CV should always be updated. Having the same CV over a long period of time might at times affect your recruitment to an organization or a company. Updating your CV means basically that if you have studied a particular course of choice, the skills that you acquire in that course alone are not enough to prompt your interviewer to employ you.
You'll notice that today, in most organizations, many companies look for individuals who have acquired several skills and knowledge. You should avoid being tied to one area as the business world continues to evolve daily.
Apart from going through a certain course in college or on campus to gain knowledge about a particular area, it is important that at times you can enroll in other courses, sometimes even online courses might create a big impact on your CV. When going for online courses, you are at a higher advantage of getting to earn new things that will boost your recruitment.
No matter how short or long the course is, you will have to add it to your CV as one of the skills that you have acquired. Never stop updating your CV at any point.
Apart from that, always ensure that you are not glued to a particular area of work. Employers will always look for individuals who are flexible in their work in that they are able to handle at least more than one role in an organization/ company.
Also when updating your CV, you should also put in mind the current trends in the marketing world in that you should follow a certain format when writing one. Always avoid adding irrelevant items to your document and make it clear for the employer to go through it.
These are just a few tips on why you should always update your CV at any given time. Also always try to edit your CV based on the instructions given when it comes to a job application. Your CV SHOULD turn out to be relevant to your employer.
Here are a few job samples that you can apply for.
JOB 1: System Administrator, ICT Infrastructure at Aga Khan University Hospital
About Aga Khan University Hospital
To provide high-level technical administration of critical servers resources, including active directory, exchange, virtual, communication, and application servers to provide optimum uptimes and performance to meet the organization's objectives.
- Maintain and administer systems and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software and all configurations
- Diagnose hardware and software problems and replace defective components; Identify, troubleshoot and resolve network-related problems encountered by end-users including the Internet, Servers, PCs, Macs, Tablets, and any new computer technology.
- Report all functionality resolution updates to the set SLA
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Install and monitor IT Security system applications by maintaining network security authentication including IP telephony security, and application security.
- Administer secure links with public key encryption, anti-virus, and user authentication.
- Provide monitoring, primary response, and intervention for information technology-related security incidents and violations.
- Keep current with new security and network monitoring technologies, applicable laws, and regulations.
- Operate master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’ Degree in Computer Science, IT, or a related technical field
- Professional certifications in Microsoft, CISCO, VMware, CNNA, MSCE, or similar reputable certifications, MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional).
- KCSE with a minimum grade of C minus
- 5 years of work experience in System Administration, providing Level Two technical desktop and system support in a large multi-platform and multi-operating systems environment and an
- Demonstrated experience implementing local area networks using multi-operating systems and platforms network and computer troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Windows AD, File server, and DNS administration as well as basic MSSQL knowledge
- Analysis of server hardware and operating system software, Microsoft Exchange, and Active Directory Roles including implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades, and system patching
- Operations of backup tools and testing of disk and data recovery solutions on all business systems, prompt restoration of lost data for the business. Backup, hardware, and software assurance
- Technical support for assigned company initiatives and projects. Participation in feasibility studies and testing for new IT infrastructure components
- Should have strong hands-on experience with Microsoft windows, Failover clusters, SCOM, SCVMM, and VMware
- Previous technical support for Windows and Macintosh computers is helpful
Method of Application
JOB 2: Operations Specialist, East Africa at Becton, Dickinson, and Company (BD)
About Becton, Dickinson, and Company (BD)
As Operations Specialist you will be responsible for processing customer requests for quotations, samples, returns, and demo equipment also will be taking care of coordinating logistics for deliveries, demo equipment, returns, documents, returns and recall in East Africa Region.
Other Key Responsibilities:-
- Monitor and track the status of customer orders, customer queries and complaints, freight shipment
- Active daily correspondence with COE OM regarding partner and customer order placements, backorders, allocation/re-allocation, lot number, and expiry acceptance and confirmations, shipments, and related activities
- Active daily correspondence with COE finance and credit regarding partner and customer order pre-payments, letters of credit, and account status.
- Active daily correspondence with local product specialists, local sales, and territory managers on pricing and product knowledge.
- Capturing of service claims
- Ensure coordination among commercial and supply chain teams for effective planning of deliveries of products to customers and distributors, and reduce documentation errors and delays to avoid penalties
- Maintain records of partner and customer interactions, files, and documents.
- Support Distributor Excellence initiatives.
- Supporting partners and customers with expediting customs clearance.
- Coordinate tender completions
- Prepare and coordinate the sign-off of letters of authorization for customers.
- Compile operations and distributor excellence performance reports and dashboard data for Africa
- A bachelor’s degree in Logistics/Commerce/ Supply Chain/ Business Administration or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in Import activities into African countries along with 1 – 2 years of operational logistics and/customer service experience, Healthcare sector experience is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts, and file documents
- Knowledge of Incoterms and customs import and export documentation and processes
- Must be a team player supporting businesses activities
- Flexibility and adaptability in changing environment
- Result-oriented, proactive to learn new tasks quickly
- Attentive to details and works under high pressure of tough deadlines and requests from distributors and internal stakeholders
Method of Application
JOB 3: Sales Manager at Kwara
Kwara is a B2B fintech startup in Nairobi and Berlin with a unique mission, exceptional team, and a global market. Our mission is to digitize Savings and Credit Unions in emerging markets that serve the 3 billion un- and underbanked population. These financial institutions hold a staggering $2.6 trillion in assets worldwide but have yet to benefit from digital innovation. Our intuitive, secure and SaaS-based digital banking platform offers them the chance to grow their profits, connect to the digital ecosystem and serve their members better.
The Sales Manager is in charge of ensuring the signing of credit unions using the different sales channels, sets targets with the sales reps and ensures they are met, and takes P&L responsibility.
- Sales process has been reviewed and suggestions implemented
- Sales team meetings are revised, CRM is up and running and requirements for qualifying deals communicated
- Sales dashboard is live, with key metrics such as conversion rate, time to close, win/loss rate depicted per sales rep
- Sales effectiveness of the sales team is measured monthly and does not go below 10% of targets, with additional 3 sales team members hired
- Partner and referral sales success accounts for 10% of monthly closed deals
- Sales plan to grow by 40% monthly has been written and started
- At least 80% of the existing sales team hits 30% of quarterly targets
- Target and data-driven approach strong communication skills
- Gravitas knows how sales works
- Strong commercial mindset
- Well-versed with sales tools, CRM, and setting up processes
- Experience with the credit union sector
What we expect
- We are looking for someone who has built and led sales teams and has done so outperforming sales targets.
- We don't need someone from the same industry or sector, but it does need to be someone who can apply sales principles to our context and team.
- Has built and led successful sales teams of more than 10 people, ideally in the B2B SaaS space
- Understands the SMB sales process and has outperformed sales quota consistently with his/her team
- Sales reps who exceeded their annual quota would rate him/her as being excellent or above average
- Must not be afraid to make hard decisions, e.g. on the non-performance of sales team members